Information on school-use e-books
The e-books sold on the Japan Times Publishing Digital Store can be purchased in bulk for the desired number of people by institutional customers.
The contract plan is for a duration of 12 months.
Before applying for this option, please go over the institutional customer terms of service. You will receive an email from us after applying.
- Credit card（Visa、Mastercard、American Express）
- Bank transfer
We issue quotations, invoices, delivery statements, and receipts.
Steps for subscribing
STEP 1: Application
Please fill out the application form and submit it.
STEP 2: Interview about the e-books to be used and the number of users
Based on the content of your application, we will contact you via email to inquire about the details of the e-books you will use and the number of users.
STEP 3: Confirm your invoice
After confirming your order, we will send you an online invoice. Please check the teaching materials, quantity, and price.
STEP 4：Log in to the Digital Store and create a new account (first time only).
Please log in to the digital store and complete the payment process by clicking "Pay now" on your online invoice. If you are using this service for the first time, please register an institutional customer account.
STEP5：Confirm order information and pay
Please confirm the displayed materials, quantity, and amount, and then enter your billing address and payment method. Click "Pay now" to complete the payment.
STEP6：An ID and password for the e-book viewing site will be sent to you via email
After the payment is completed, you will receive an ID and password for the e-book reading website via email within 5 business days. Distributing the ID and password you received to each student will complete the distribution of the textbooks.
*The e-book reading website is a separate website from our store.
STEP7： Access the e-books and start using them
When a student accesses the e-book reading website and logs in by entering the assigned ID and password, the purchased e-book will be displayed. E-books are read using a browser, so there is no need to install any special apps. You can read them from a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
e-book reading website library screen shown after login
If you are considering purchasing any school-use e-books, you can read them on a trial basis before purchasing.
Please contact us if you are interested.
Terms & conditions
- The e-books offered by The Japan Times Publishing DIGITAL STORE are provided through subscription for the period (plan) that you select. They are accessed on our e-book reading website. You will be emailed user IDs/passwords for accessing the e-book reading website in approx. five business days after your payment is processed.
- Access to a subscribed e-book ends when the subscription period concludes.
- Before purchasing a subscription, please make sure that your system meets the system requirements and read the Terms of Service. Due to the nature of the product, we generally do not accept returns or offer refunds.
- You can access your subscribed e-book by entering your reading ID and password on the e-book reading website (the link will be emailed to you after payment is completed). Our e-books can be read on personal computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- The e-books cannot be copied, downloaded, printed out, or viewed in an offline.
- Please purchase an amount of teaching materials corresponding to the number of intended users. Reading IDs may not be shared with others.
- The copyrights on each product is held by the respective authors and illustrators. Unauthorized reproduction, sharing, transfer, reprinting, and resale of any products are prohibited.